How the Color White Affects Us Physically
- Aids mental clarity
- Encourages us to clear clutter or obstacles
- Evokes purification of thoughts or actions
- Enables fresh beginnings
Color White Meaning Around the World
- White is the traditional color worn by brides in the western world, as well as in Japan.
- White is a color of mourning in China and parts of Africa.
- It was the custom for the Queens of France to wear deuil blanc or “white mourning”
- White was the color of deepest mourning among medieval European queens was white rather than black. This tradition survived in Spain until the end of the fifteenth century.
- In Chinese culture, colors corresponded with the five primary elements, the directions, and the four seasons. White was associated with metal, west, and autumn.
- A white flag is universally recognized as a symbol of truce.
- The Japanese have six distinct terms to define whiteness.
- The ancient Greeks wore white to bed to ensure pleasant dreams